Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Problems with loading
19.01.2010, 02:31,
Problems with loading
Same Stealth_Rhino from the neverwinter vault here. As I said before: "About 1/3 of the way through loading the first area (after I've created/selected my character) the game crashes. Any ideas?"
To answer your response: I do have the correct movie file in the correct folder, and I did use the self-extracting version.
19.01.2010, 05:02,
RE: Problems with loading
Hey there Stealth_Rhino. I'm not on the team, just a fan from Portugal trying to help out. Most of the times I had a problem like that it had something to do with the Override folder(either "Program Files" and "My Documents"). You know.... "leftovers" from other mods that leave little "bundles of joy" like custom races, classes, etc that are not really compatible with other saves or mods. I don't know if you can just clear out the Override folders to play because this mod might use overrides, if it does the devs will tell you what you need to have there but you can always try renaming them to "Override - backup" and try to run the mod, and if you run into problems in other mods just rename it back. I don't know if that will do just trying a makeshift anwser until someone who knows this stuff can help youSmile
19.01.2010, 09:46, (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 19.01.2010, 16:00 von Milena.)
Yes, it is certainly a good idea to empty the override folder and install the module again. Some modules also make changes in the NWN2-ui what can affect other modules.
I would remove these foreign contents first, before install chapter 1 anew. Because the installation has worked by the other players, I think, it must probably be a little bit annoying in these folders.
In the override folder of SoD there are only the pictures (TGAs) for the new- SoD-screens, which affected no other modules.
Moreover, with the installation instruction of SoD you can check whether all files of SoD are available and at the right place.
19.01.2010, 22:20,
Thanks for the help: situation resolved. The problem must have been some leftover override files from other mods. Looking forward to playing.
19.01.2010, 22:35,
Good thing that this has been solved. We hope you'll enjoy the module.Smile
30.03.2010, 23:17,
Is there a way to go directly to chapter two?

I guess I could replay chapter one again, just a little short on time these days. Wink
Help is good when asked for,
better when needed.

Gaming Parents Studios
30.03.2010, 23:25, (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 30.03.2010, 23:36 von Milena.)
If you have no save from ending of chapter 1, i fear, not, because chapters 1 and 2 are closely interweaved with each other. But maybe one of our other testers is able to upload you a save. If you have a save from end of chapter 1, you can play the testchapter 2 without problems beginnig with your save....Äh, hope, you understand Laugh.

edit: In Germany it is late in the night and I have to go to bed now Wink. If you have any other questions, I will answer them tomorrow.
31.03.2010, 00:47,
Gute Nacht, werden die Fragen hier warten am Morgen.
better when needed.

Gaming Parents Studios
31.03.2010, 01:43,
As a general hint for using the override effectivly:

befor installing a new module, rename your override folder with a campaign suffix.

EG: You just played the Module Trinity and now want to play The shaper of Dreams. So rename your old override to "override_try" and create a new folder named "override".

Now if you want to switch between modules/campaigns, you just need to rename the override with the module suffix back to "override".

This way you dont need to load/install the contend everytime you want to switch between different campaigns. This also works with overrides from a persistent world.

best regards,

Loki12345

P.S. Sorry for my english, i know its not the best, but i hope you understand everything Wink
31.03.2010, 23:00,
(31.03.2010, 01:43)loki12345 schrieb: EG: You just played the Module Trinity

Points to his signature and beams shamelessly with pride.
better when needed.

Gaming Parents Studios
31.03.2010, 23:13,
Hello sirchet, please look at my last post here in : Questions and criticism about "The Shaper of Dreams". You have to put some files in override, and there are the links.

Kontakt | Feline Fuelled Games | Nach oben | | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation